Are you developing a garden on your property? That’s such a wonderful idea. If you want your garden to be healthy and look great, then you should definitely buy mulch. In this article, we’ll explore what mulch is and how it helps gardens grow (especially flowering plants). We’ll also briefly consider the various types of mulch that you can buy and which mulch suppliers in Perth you should buy from.
At Carramar Resource Industries, a premier mulch supplier in Perth, we have over 20 years of experience selling mulch to property developers and owners. We can help you make the best purchase decisions for mulch Perth.
What is mulch?
Mulch is a special type of material that is applied to the surface of the soil, especially in gardens where there are growing trees and flowering plants. The overall objective of using mulch is to improve the plant’s health and growth rate.
Mulch is made using various materials such as plant matter, animal droppings and recyclable materials like newspaper. The organic nature of these ingredients stimulates hydration, nutrient sharing and microbial activity within the soil. This in turn helps plants grow better.
What are the benefits of using mulch in your flower garden?
Mulch has numerous benefits that help your flower garden thrive. Here are a few reasons why you need to invest in mulch:
- Mulch smothers any weeds that are beginning to grow in the soil and prevents the weed seeds from sprouting. This ensures that weeds die out before they are able to wreak havoc on flowering plants.
- Since mulch is soggy and contains organic matter, it encourages earthworm presence in the soil. These earthworms not only loosen the soil by moving through it (and increasing the root’s access to water and air). But they also provide nutrient-rich excrement which doubles as fertilizers.
- A thin layer of mulch acts as the perfect temperature control mechanism for flower gardens. During summer, the mulch keeps the plants cool, while in winter, it keeps them warm. This ensures your flowering plants are always healthy.
- Mulch has a higher capacity to retain water and is slower in draining out excess water. This ensures that plants stay hydrated for longer (especially during summers & heat waves).
- Decomposing mulch releases nitrogen into the soil, which is an essential nutrient for plant and flower growth.
- Mulch acts as a protective casing for the ground and prevents heavy rain or sleet from hitting the earth directly and damaging the soil.
- Mulch contains a lot of nutrients from its organic ingredients. More importantly, mulch takes a long while to break down. This ensures that the nutrients slowly seep into the soil over an extended period of time and maintain the fertility and health of the soil in the long run.
- Certain types of mulch release specific odours or nutrients which pests find repellent and you’ll be able to protect your flowering garden from pests.
If you’d like to buy mulch in Perth, then contact Carramar Resource Industries, your trusted mulch supplier in Perth to place your order.
What are the best types of mulch for your flowers?
You get various types of mulch in the market. These mulch variants differ in the primary ingredient they are made of. Common mulch variants used in Perth include:
- Shredded bark
- Shredded lupins
- Small river rocks and stones
- Cedar or pine bark chips
- Shredded leaves and clipped grass
- Soggy cardboard and newspaper
- Cocoa chips
- Animal manure (such as cow dung)
You can either use any one type of mulch or buy a mulch product that combines various organic matter. This is where Enviro mulch comes in.
Enviro mulch is a special type of organic mulch which is made using very finely ground, composted tree mulch. It includes various ingredients such as cardboard, paper, wood shavings, compost etc. which is fully recycled into mulch. The different ingredients in the Enviro mulch lend a unique composition of nutrients, which make this one of the best mulches to buy from mulch suppliers in Perth and surrounding areas.
Why should you choose Carramar Resource Industries as your top mulch supplier Perth?
At CRI, we are one of the premier Enviro mulch suppliers in Perth, with experience supplying mulch to homeowners, commercial developers and gardening agencies. Choose us for your mulch Perth supply for the following reasons:
- Our Enviro mulch manufacturing process follows globally benchmarked quality processes.
- We put our mulch through extensive safety testing to ensure it meets Australian safety standards.
- Our mulch is inexpensive and suitable for all budgets.
- We supply our Enviro mulch across Western Australia.
- Our team of experienced Enviro mulch suppliers in Perth can help you plan and implement your landscape and flower garden projects.
Contact Carramar Resource Industries today to discuss your mulch needs.